You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grph

Wednesday, August 31st 2005, 3:56am

2 timers used with pump

I'm in the process of designing and installing a system in the front yard and the back yard.
I live on a lake and will pump from there using a 2 hp pump.
During construction of house I pulled 7/c control wires from the garage to the potential site of the timer in the rear of the house. I now determine that I don't have enough control wires to furnish entire system. Pulling additional control wires to the garage is impossible.
What I plan to do is to install a timer for the front yard and a timer for the back yard. I have a pump relay to be wired to the timer in the back yard. I plan to pull additional control wires to the front yard timer to control the heads.

My question is:

Once I complete wiring to both timers how will I control the pump for the front yard timer? My thoughts are that I can operate each timer on alternate days but I think that I will have to run control wires from the pump relay to the timer in the front yard.
My biggest fear is that a malfunction could occur and that both timers would try to operate at the same time.

Is my way of thinking right or do you have a suggestion that would make it more simpler to install and operate.
I had considered installing a timer in a waterproof box outside but
I don't particularily care for that idea. Thank you for your assistance.

Jazzer K

Friday, September 2nd 2005, 6:25pm

What you need to do is install a pressure switch that is adjustable so when the pressure drops when that zone kicks on the pump will kick on to boost the pressure.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread