You are not logged in.

Davidway

Saturday, September 3rd 2005, 11:28am

Zone stays on no matter what I do!

Hi,

I have a Rainbird system (8 zones) and my 6th zone stays on all the time. I found that I have 8 "solonoids" that are Richdel 2400T's. Are these what I need to take apart to look for pebbles, etc.? Also, should I remove power before doing so? I'm getting wet and my lawn is dying....Help!

Thanks in advance!

Dave

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 3rd 2005, 7:56pm

Generally a stuck open valve means that there is debris trapped inside of the valve. First you will want to locate and turn off the water supply to the irrigation system. Next you will want to find the problem valve out in the lawn. (Valve 6). It could either be debris inside the valve, or a stuck solenoid plunger. Remove the solenoid from the valve, and remove the top of the valve. Also remove the diaphram at this point. Check for any internal debris that may be keeping the valve in the open position. If you do not see anything, put the valve back together, screw in the solenoid hand tight, and if there is a bleeder screw, make sure it is tightly closed. If the valve still will not close, replace the solenoid.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 4th 2005, 7:08am

Also, a torn diaphrsgm will create a stuck-open valve.

Davidway

Tuesday, September 6th 2005, 1:32am

Thanks to everyone for their help! I cleaned out all 8 valves (found a random screw in one) and everything works great!

Thanks for the help!

Dave

Rate this thread