You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

llbts1

Starting Member

Monday, June 10th 2002, 11:03am

Sched 40 or 200psi pvc?

I will be installing my own system soon. The parts store I have talked to said to use 200 psi pvc. Isn't schd 40 stronger? I will be driving across my yard some and would like to have the pipe as strong as possible to try and avoid breaks. I know to go as deep as possible at those points, but wouldn't sched 40 help? Also, does anyone make a 9 station control box? Thanks, Larry

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 2:36pm

As far as PVC Pipe, definatly Scfhedule 40 to valves, but for the main i would use Poly pipe, you can have a contractor pull the whole thing for about 200.00 with little or no damage, and then all you have to do is dig where you want connections, also poly is more durable and flexible for under weight, PVC might crack. The Hunter SRC is a nine station controller. Just specify 9 because it also comes in six.

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

BrettCB01

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:34pm

The pipe I think your supplier is referring to is Class 200 PVC. Although not as strong as Sched 40, it is PLENTY strong to handle the 85 PSI I run through my system. The advantage to Class 200 is it is the same Outer Diameter as Sched 40 but a larger inside diameter. You get more GPM out of Class 200 while retaining most of the strength of Sched 40.

BrettCB01

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:36pm

The pipe I think your supplier is referring to is Class 200 PVC. Although not as strong as Sched 40, it is PLENTY strong to handle the 85 PSI I run through my system. The advantage to Class 200 is it is the same Outer Diameter as Sched 40 but a larger inside diameter. You get more GPM out of Class 200 while retaining most of the strength of Sched 40.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:37pm

Brett has a point but if its because of the driving issue and you want to have the strongest pipe i would use Schedule 40 becuase it is a hairline thicker and wont restrict flow at all!

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread