You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tozar

Saturday, September 10th 2005, 3:02pm

adjusting valve flow control

Are there any tips for adjusting the flow control on Rainbird PGA valves?

Specifically what should I be looking for in spray patterns?

I had adjusted one or two zones down a bit because of misting. There seemed to be too much pressure at the Rainbird 1804 SAM-PRS sprinkler heads.

Tom

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 11th 2005, 1:59pm

install a pressure gauge on the last head on whatever zone your testing. adjust the flow control till the gauge reads 30psi.

tozar

Monday, September 12th 2005, 2:42am

Thanks!

Is there a special adaptor available for the nozzle fitting? If not, then I'll make up an adaptor for the pipe thread fitting the head screws onto.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 12th 2005, 4:02am

Rainbird 1800-PRS heads already have internal 30 psi regulators. You must have really high pressure (or defective regulators in the heads) for the adjustment to make a difference. Usually, anything under 75 psi is normal for those heads.

tozar

Tuesday, September 13th 2005, 2:48am

The water pressure is high coming into the house. It is in the range of 80-85PSI and I don't complain about the high water pressure. I am sure that the double check valve and piping have cut this back a bit. Maybe the pressure at the heads is close to their max? I haven't checked this yet and will try to attach a gauge to the last head connection on the zone to see what the pressure really is.

I did turn the valve's flow control down to 50% (about 4 turns fully open then back 2 turns) and this made a difference.

Rate this thread