You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 3:44am

Strange Municipal Requirement

The city I live in is usually pretty reasonable about its permit requirements, but here is one that seems pretty odd. Maybe someone has an idea on how to accomodate them.

We are not allowed to install any sprinkler line or head within 24" of any street, sidewalk or right-of-way line. I'm concerned that if I put my 180 degree heads 2 feet inside the edge of my lawn that I will have a nice brown perimeter. Will that happen? Or will enough water soak through the soil to adequately water behind those heads? Is my only option to water the street, sidewalk and other areas in order to ensure coverage of all grassy areas?

Help!! Thanks

globalpilot

Sunday, July 7th 2002, 6:28pm

I have a city rule very close to yours. I got around this by adjusting the flow so that it stayed within the limits. The limits I had to comply with was the street. I had to keep it from the street.

Jeff

Monday, July 8th 2002, 6:59am

You adjusted the spray so that it would cover more than 180 degrees, and through head to head coverage, you were able to get enough water behind (street-side) the sprinkler heads? It seems like it might work; have you had success this way? I'm currently trying to get a variance or other exemption from this silly rule. But if you have a way around it, that actually works (not just on paper!), then that may be the simplest approach. Thanks,

Rate this thread