You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TheEngineer

Wednesday, September 14th 2005, 5:44pm

Controller is acting up

How do I go about diagnosing a controller problem? I have my sprinklers programmed to turn on every night at 2 AM. Just recently I learned this wasn't happening. There is no water in the rain sensor (hasn't rained here in months) and manually activating the system works just fine. It just won't run automatically. It is a Rain Bird system, controller model E-6 with an RS-1 rain sensor.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 24th 2005, 5:17am

I would carefully check the program....sometimes you THINK it is programmed for all the expected days and times...but in fact it is not.

Also, set a 2nd start time to occur while you are standing there....then see if it works...

Most importantly though I think, is to check the programming. Good luck...

Trains?
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

TheEngineer

Thursday, September 29th 2005, 8:21pm

I have checked it over and over. Also tried setting it for a time when I could watch it and still nothing. It turns on once in a while as programmed, but not with any regularity. I'm suspecting a fault in the rain sensor interrupting the system. Don't know if this is a likely problem though.

No trains, just freeways.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, September 30th 2005, 3:45am

;)
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, March 19th 2006, 8:13pm

get a better controller. you get what you pay for. rain dial is good. total control. hunter makes good ones. stay away from anything that is sold in home depot like rain bird

Rate this thread