You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

macann

Thursday, September 15th 2005, 4:33pm

Pressue Problem?

I have a multitude of problems installing my new sprinkler system but will describe one of the below in the hopes of getting some advice.
In designing my system, I tested 55 psi static pressure on my exterior faucet. It remained at 55 psi even when I opened sequentially numerous other interior faucets in my house. All the supply lines seem to be 1/2 copper.

For my sprinkler system, the plumber tapped into the larger 1" copper pipe just after the meter. It is 1" copper pipe all the way to the PVB valve.

My two problems are:
1) WHen I open the PVB valve, the water "blasts" out at incredible force, and then seems to drop to "normal" in a couple of seconds. I have a terrible PVB water spewing problem which I fear may be related to this.
2) When I open this spinkler valve, I don't get water out of any of the other faucets in my house.

Any idea on what I need to do? Is it possible that there is some pressure regulator type of device on all the other lines on my house, and that my base water pressure is really VERY HIGH (>>55 psi).

Any advice would be helpful... Thanks

Tom

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 18th 2005, 5:37am

I'd say thats a definite yes, your home should be protected by a pressure regulator.

You can test the pressure at your PVB by installing a gauge on one of the outlet ports.

Rate this thread