You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grph

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:09am

#4 valve

Wet Boots--Ilooked at the interior of the body.I used a piece of wire on the inner ring and it was clear. In fact, I left the diahram and top offand turned on the pump. I had a good flow of water.
I noticed the solenoid for #4 was a little louder than the others.
I don't know if that is the problem, because I switched solenoids and they all worked.
I've ran out of ideas to check. Maybe someone can help me out in this situation.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 16th 2005, 10:30am

First, keep your posts in a single thread, instead of starting a new one for every post. (just type into the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom of the page) Otherwise, no one can follow it. You stated that you've swapped solenoid, diaphragm, and valve cover. The only thing left to swap is the valve body itself. That is where the problem is, and if you aren't up to fixing it, you buy another valve.

When you swapped solenoids, that should mean you took the solenoid from a nearby valve that you know is working, and put it on the faulty valve, without disconnecting any wires. So, if the number 3 solenoid that works on valve number 3 can't make valve number four work (while activating zone 3 on your controller) that will eliminate the solenoid as a problem. If you're changing the wire connections when you swap solenoids, then you haven't eliminated a wiring fault as the culprit.

Rate this thread