You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Glenn

Thursday, June 13th 2002, 6:23am

Backflow Prevention Valve Spews

I've got a problem that's driving me crazy.... On certain zones in my 12 zone system, my backflow prevention valve spews water from uder the bonnet until the well pump kicks in. Once the pump kicks off and (presumably) the pressure drops it begins spewing again. Nothing in my system has changed since I winterized it last fall when all was working normally. When it's not spewing all the sprinklers seem to work normally.

Am I missing something really simple here? If there is a leak between the water supply and the backflow prevention valve, could this be the cause? Could the valve itself be faulty (I've dismantled it and all seems okay to my novice eye)? I'm just at a loss as to where to look next.

I'll appreciate any advice. Thanks in Advance.

Glenn

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 13th 2002, 7:13am

Unless you are drinking from the well that you are taking the water from, I don't think you really need a backflow prevention device. Take it off and glue on a piece of pipe with the correct fittings.

Glenn

Thursday, June 13th 2002, 7:44am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Unless you are drinking from the well that you are taking the water from, I don't think you really need a backflow prevention device. Take it off and glue on a piece of pipe with the correct fittings.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I appreciate the reply.... Unfortunately this is the same pump that supplies my house - and it's 1100 feet deep, so digging a well to supply my irrigation needs is a costly proposition..... Thanks!

Rate this thread