You are not logged in.

PaulS

Starting Member

Wednesday, September 28th 2005, 5:06pm

Irritrol 2400T valves

I have Irritrol 2400T valves and one that is stuck open. I've shut off the water supply, replaced the solenoid, and unscrewed the small black ring that the Solenoid screws into on top of the valve, but no luck. I do not see any screws or other hardware that would allow me to take the top of the valve off to check the diaphram. Am I missing something... or do I have to replace the whole valve?

Also, If I have to replace the valve, is there a better model of valve to go with that is more serviceable so I don't run into this problem again in the near future?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 29th 2005, 4:35am

The entire valve unscrews.....that is a ring around the bod of the valve.....leftie loosie, rightie tightie.

Good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

rand651522

Thursday, September 29th 2005, 4:43am

Paul The 2400T is a threaded top.As you look down at it you won't see any screws.Its sometimes called a jartop.You will probably need a large pair of channelocks to unscrew to get to the diaphram.When you get it loose be sure to take carefull note of where the internal spring goes and such, just take your time.I have seen these valves in service and they work just fine I wouldnt worry about changing out the whole thing as any valve can and will go bad eventually.
Hope this helps and best of luck.Randy

Rate this thread