You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

peeteytwo

Starting Member

Saturday, October 8th 2005, 3:51pm

How to find a leak

How do I locate a leak in the line, I dug up the line in the wet area and no leak, however the ground is very wet!

jcruce13

Tuesday, October 11th 2005, 11:12pm

I just went through this one and had the same problem...

So what I did was not fill the hole back in, made sure the water was of and let it sit overnight, and then had my wife turn on the system while looked down in the hole to see which direction the water was coming from then I just dug toward it and found the hole...

Also helps to turn the water off before digging and allow the ground to dry overnight

Thanks
-John

Jazzer K

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:11am

another way that might help you is to add some food coloring to the mainline if you can get to it, then just look for colored water!
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

lush96

Advanced Member

Monday, March 20th 2006, 6:01pm

jcruce is correct. the leak usually surfaces where it is but on occasion may surface firther down the line. dig where ytou think the leak is and have someone turn the zone on and off till you find the source. try digging in 2 ft increments. good luck

Rate this thread