You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kevin

Starting Member

Monday, June 17th 2002, 5:11pm

VALVE FAILS TO OPEN ON FIRST TRY

I have a question that I hope you can help me with.

I have three valves, with one zone each. Two of the valves work fine, however, #1 valve has a problem. When ever I turn on valve #1, initially, the valve seems to not open fully; the sprinkler heads mearly bubble and flood with no spray at all. Then when the valve is turned off, then turned right back on again, the valve opens and the sprinkler heads spray wonderfully.

Trying to trouble shoot this valve, I have repeated this procedure many times. Valve #1 always delays on the initial opening, then once shut off, then opened again, it works fine. All three valves have the same source of water and pressure. I have cleared the line many times and have ensured that the supply line is working properly.

I have replaced the diaphram, seal, and all other parts replaceable and the valve adjustment is open full. I have switched on and off the automatic timer and manually operated the valve. I don't know what to do, except replace the entire valve.

Could there be an air leak that would cause this? How does the diaphram work inside with the water pressure and the bleed screw or silinoid? Would a air leak cause this? All screws are tight and seem sealed.

I hope my email is descriptive enough.

Thank you for your help. :)

Kevin Scott
Kevin Scott

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 17th 2003, 2:59pm

This could be many factors, What happens when the controller opens the valve. i would have to know a little more information like

1. What kind of valve is it?
2. What kind of controller is it?

Please Reply

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread