You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jdangelo

Starting Member

Thursday, October 13th 2005, 8:34am

Instead of Toro

Toro designed a relatively small (1/3 ac.) system for me and reccomended that I use their Simpleset rotors. These are in the Toro residential line of products. I would rather use something of higher quality considerng their is not much of a price difference. I see that this forum highly reccomemends Hunter products. Would the PGP rotors work as a replacement? What about valves? The Hunter PGVs?

jcruce13

Friday, October 14th 2005, 5:59am

jdangelo,
I dont think you can go wrong with either the Hunter PGP or the Rainbird 5004 rotors... I dont have much experience with valves but have used the Orbit (from homedepot valves) and the RainBird Valves... The orbits are trash and start getting stuck open after a year of being installed. The Rainbird hasn't let me down yet.

If you are doing the system your self I would recommend a manual shutoff before the valve to make swapping out a valve for that paticular zone easier without having to shutdown your whole system. I didn't do this on mine and am now having to do it and its much more difficult.

Just my two cents.

Thanks
-John

Rate this thread