You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

namodnom

Starting Member

Tuesday, October 25th 2005, 2:56pm

Richdel 204AT

One of my zone stations (drip) will not shut down after the timer shuts off. I have replaced the solinoid to no avail. I have to turn the water off to stop it. Should I replace the whole valve or try a new diafram?. I unscrew the solinoid and water continues up thru the stem. Help.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 29th 2005, 11:39am

Sounds to me like the diaphragm might be shot. If you have already replaced the solenoid, and you are sure the wiring is correct, then troubleshoot the internals of the valve next. Shut off the water and remove the top of the valve. Pull the diaghragm and inspect for any excessive wear or damage. Clean out the valve, and replace with a new diaphragm if necessary. It could just be debris in the valve. You shouldn't have to replace the entire valve, very rarely do the bodies of valves go bad.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, March 19th 2006, 8:02pm

"gutting" valves is tricky and the body of the valve CAN contain a rock or debris. the new style "irritrol" valves can be just a slight bit different than the older ones. even though it seems to fit.....it just doesnt work!!!! i only "gut" valves when it is almost impossible to change the whole thing. nothing can compare to replacing the whole valve. gutting valves in the irrigation industry unless absolutely neccessary is considered a dirty and unprofessional way of doing it. get your hands a little dirty and do it the right way!!!!!! it may take a little longer but you will not have any problems. when your cars oil filter is bad........do you just rinse it and put it back or do you get a new one.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 6:19am

WTF? gutting is considered dirty and unprofessional?

I think replacing something at a higher cost, when rebuilding it at a lower cost to the client will be fine, is unprofessional. Most of the new irrigators coming up are not repair techs...they are replace techs.

Gone are the days when troubleshooting was a necessity...new guys just start replacing stuff until it works. Sheesh.

You cannot compare a remote control irrigation valve with an oil filter....they sell replacement parts for a reason...I have yet to see a replacement part for an oil filter...

Your posts are amusing Lush..keep it up.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 7:30am

right on sprinklerguy! my sentiments exactly!

and the guy will have the added bonus of learning how the valve works and what could go wrong with it!

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 8:04pm

and you guys are bush and will keep wasting your time going back to one customers house until it works instead of just doing it right the first time. shame on you guys. remember namod, you get what you pay for. bush........or professionals. repair techs are the real thinkers and true craftsman. sprinklerguy even admitted this. he will just keep trying and trying till something works. how do you stay in business.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 3:18am

Lush..you will not suck me into a pissing match..

My business does just fine thanks for worrying about me.....

Arizona and Colorado

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 3:40am

i should have taken your approach sprinkler guy..............

lush96

Advanced Member

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 6:27pm

for a bush business it does.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, March 24th 2006, 1:56am

:)
Arizona and Colorado

Rate this thread