You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

catersun

Tuesday, November 15th 2005, 12:31pm

how do I design a system for over all 5 acres?

I am planning pasture space for my horses and want to install a sprinkler system before I plant and fence the pastures. Over all it will be three fields 2, 2 acre pastures and a 1 acre pasture. I'm having a difficult time finding information on what I can and need to do because we are building it from the ground. Everything keeps saying I need to know all these different measurements, but really I can design the well pump to supply however much water I decide I need to irrigate my 5 acres. Anyone have any thoughts on where to start?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 15th 2005, 11:23pm

Aren't the animals going to damage any inground heads you might be considering? What about one of the traveling sprinklers like a Kifco? That would certainly cost less than riser-mounted impacts on pasture borders.

catersun

Wednesday, November 16th 2005, 2:55am

That was a consideration I looked into, however the time required to take care of a rolling water system vs occasionaly changing a sprinkler head is a risk I am willing to take. In my experience, as long as you show the horses where they are they will avoid them. I used to ride in an arena with one just sitting there and never had a horse step on it once. Additionally, the sprinklers will only be used when the horses are not on the field (when they come into the barn to eat.)

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 16th 2005, 6:01am

www.irrigationtutorials.com

Rate this thread