You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 17th 2005, 10:44am

febco 825y replacement parts

Howdy all,
I blew it - waited too long to winterize my system. The housing froze and cracked. Can I get just a replacement housing at a decent price instead of the entire system. Also, how well does the housing respond to soldering or brazing?
I've been surfing the net and have found some parts lists but no pricing or availability. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Moe - Feeling pretty stupid right now.[xx(]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 17th 2005, 3:10pm

Buy a new one. Shop around. It doesn't have to be another 825Y, but those are very strongly built. Freezing aside, of course.

Friday, November 18th 2005, 5:26am

Wet Boots,
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced comparable unit? Or for that matter an online shop that sells them.
I'll have to double check with the local codes to see what's acceptable but your suggestions would be greatly valued.

Of Course yesterday when the unit froze it was 18 degrees and now today it's in the 50's just my luck.

Moe

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, November 18th 2005, 1:14pm

An RPZ device doesn't get installed on a whim, given their cost, so expect it is the proper equipment, and know it is the one device that covers all situations. I've used Febco, Watts, and Wilkins RPZs and there are other reputable manufacturers. You want to be able to get parts for whatever you choose, so look for something that can be locally supported, even if you order it elsewhere.

Rate this thread