You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hebertw

Starting Member

Sunday, December 4th 2005, 5:44am

OOOPS! I messed up

While adjusting my hunter PCP rotating sprinkler, I backed the adjustment screw to far and the Red plastic nozzle and set screw popped out. This caused no resistance against the flowing water now I have a mini Pond. I have recovered both items and tried to push the plastic nozzle in, with no success and allot of "I told you so's from the spouse.

Is there a diagram available showing how to replace the plastic nozzle? Or can you talk me through it.

Signed: My wife’s going to kick my B*TT if I don’t get water to here
plants!

[8D]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 4th 2005, 8:29am

Clean off all dirt, make sure the nozzle screw is not getting in the way, and employ nature's lubricant to help that nozzle back in position. Spit on it.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 4th 2005, 2:23pm

It takes a slight angle ... the correct angle of course... to get the nozzle to insert properly....look at the area the nozzle inserts into...and you will see what I mean. After you get that angle just right, you can shove, push, twist, spit, or whatever it takes to get it in there. Remember to insert the nozzle so that the two retaining "clips?" are in the up top position. Get it in far enough so that the set screw will go in between the two clips and hold the nozzle in place.

Good Luck!
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, December 8th 2005, 12:36pm

You need to push the nozzle in first before you thread the set screw in, because that is what holds the nozzle in place. Sometimes, if the nozzle is crushed or not perfectly round, it won't go back in. The nozzles are dirt cheap and easy to come by. You can always put another nozzle in if need be.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Jazzer K

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:29am

start with new nozzle - will slide right in.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread