You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roberts1k

Starting Member

Monday, December 5th 2005, 8:23am

Winterizing

I live in Illinois. It has been pretty cold but the ground is just starting to freeze. We blew out my lines on December 4th. The water in the lines wasnt frozen, but some of the heads didnt come up. They were just frozen at the top of the head. We blew out the whole system. My question is since some heads didnt come up is there still water in them, and I am not sure the backyard zones came up at all. I have 13 zones. The first couple zones emptied a lot of water. Will I be ok seeing I did drain a lot of water? What will happen to those frozen heads that didnt come up? What can I expect in spring? Also, a valve stuck up. Is that just because of the cold? Will it close when it warms up. When we were blowing a new line the last one stayed open becuase it was stuck.
steve roberts

Rate this thread