You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dennyathome

Starting Member

Friday, December 30th 2005, 2:09pm

HUNTER PGP ROTARY HEAD ADJUSTMENT

AM GETTING DESPERATE. WAS TRYING TO HELP AN ELDERLY WOMAN ADJUST A HUNTER PGP SPRINKLER HEAD THAT WAS POSITIONED NEXT TO HER SCREENED PORCH. SHE COMPLAINED THAT SOME SPRAY WAS ENTERING HER PORCH AND WANTED TO ELIMINATE THAT. WHAT EVER I DID AS FAR A ADJUSTING NOW HAS THE HEAD DOING A 360* NOW FLOODING THE PORCH. HAVE BEEN TO THE HUNTER WEB SIGHT FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND THEY SOUND SIMPLE ENOUGH --BUT STILL DO NOT GET IT. I NEED INSTRUCTIONS (IN PLANE TALK) IN STARTING FROM SCRATCH. I HAVE THE ADJUSTMENT TOOL - BUT OBVIOUS NOT THE KNOW HOW. PLEASE HELP ME, HELP THE WET LADY---THANKS

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 14th 2006, 3:30am

Ok its been a while but think I can help. This is the part I am a little unsure about. I think With the Pgp the rotation of the head in the clock wise direction is fixed. This means the adjusting screw on the top wont adjust that direction. First Pull the head up using the adjusting tool. Rotate the head all of the way left then all of the way right. At that point is it going to spray her porch? If yes then unscrew the head from the casing. Pull the head straight out of the casing and rotate the head so it is not point at the porch and slide the head into the casing. We have now changed the fixed point of direction. Next we need to see how far left it is going to go. So rotate the head left. Too far? the use the adjustment screw and bring the rotation back to the end point desired.
Thanks,

Pete

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, March 19th 2006, 5:39pm

also to make it 1000 times easier, adjust while the sprinkler is running. to set the fixed clockwise position just turn the head on the nipple with your hand or a wrench. otherwise, the above reply is correct.

bigshost

Tuesday, June 20th 2006, 7:17am

<font color="green">By rotating the top of the rotor past the right stop do damage to the rotor? Thanks in advance </font id="green"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lush96</i>
<br />also to make it 1000 times easier, adjust while the sprinkler is running. to set the fixed clockwise position just turn the head on the nipple with your hand or a wrench. otherwise, the above reply is correct.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

xpedient

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 6:34pm

The gears could have gone on the PGP which require replacing it. When the gears strip, the arc setting does not "stick" and a lot of times ends up doing 360's.
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread