You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

saj32765

Starting Member

Saturday, January 14th 2006, 8:18am

I cannot find sprinkler heads

When I am running the irrigation system in a certain zone, some of the heads do not pop up but a couple do. My question is, How do I find these popups? They are usually not used during the rainy season, about 6 months and maybe the grass grew over them, my mistake for not being aware of this. I look to see if there is water in a certain area but that does not help. Installer did not leave diagram of irrigation system. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 14th 2006, 12:14pm

Sounds to me like the system isn't working properly..sounds like that particular zone isn't coming on all the way like it should be...if it were working properly, there would certainly be some wet spots where the sprinklers were...

Look into that...Good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, March 19th 2006, 5:14pm

yes you will see water if you run the zone for 5 or 10 minutes, even if the zone isnt coming on all the way, you said some heads were working. this means that water is running through the system and eventually water will surface. there could be another problem though. think where the water supply is and then think which would be the first heads to get water. are these the heads that are working. if so are they at full pressure or weak. if they are at full pressure, that means that there cannot be a leak as that will affect the pressure of the entire zone. if they are then that means that there is a restriction (rock in pipe, constricted by roots, etc) AFTER the last working head. this is stopping water from flowing to the other heads but will still cause the heads before the restriction to work at full pressure. if the heads that work are scattered and have weak pressure, then there is a leak or broken head somewhere. eventually you will see water or feel it by walking over where you think the heads may be. remember........full pressure on working heads means restriction.......low pressure on working heads means leak. hope this helps. ive been doing this full time for 15 years. this is always the case.

Rate this thread