You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

claykin

Starting Member

Saturday, March 11th 2006, 12:07pm

hunter mini clik vs. rain clik

I understand the rain clik has the "quick response" feature but is it a better rain sensor? I know the mini clik has been around for years. Should I stick with old reliable or go for the new rain clik? My controller is a Hunter XC-600.

BTW, I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and we obviously get plenty of rainfall here during the summer. Wondering which is a better choice???

Thanks

Scott

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, March 14th 2006, 5:24pm

personally... I'd go with the wireless rain clik because you can have a bypass button right at the controller and without wires you dont have to worry about a ladder or weedwacker taking it out.

that being said I like the rain clik over the mini clik because it's the same as the wireless sensor. It is easier to change the dryout time on and really will shut off after only a couple minutes of watering. If it starts raining at 8am when your sprinklers are set to come on the mini clik may not do the job.

lush96

Advanced Member

Sunday, March 19th 2006, 5:22pm

i agree. the rain clik is fast response. my company is large and we have used mini clicks for years but over the past few years we have been getting complaints about them not shutting off the sprinklers. we have switched to rain clik and have not had a problem. by the way, you can get a bypass switch for a wired rain sensor and mount it near your timer very easily. the wireless isnt the only sensor that offers bypass. but its your preference. i believe your timer has built in bypass.

Rate this thread