You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chilehed

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 9th 2002, 8:01am

Which controller?

I am buying a new controller/timer for my existing system and I'm wondering what the main difference is between the expensive and the cheaper models. I've notice a very wide range of prices for the controllers and can't decide whether I need to spend the extra money for a high priced one. I've even noticed that the same manufactorer has cheap and expensive models.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 10th 2002, 7:29am

<u></u>DO NOT<u></u> get the controllers from Home Depot or Lowes or places like that. They are cheaply made, which, in the long run will cost you more money. Order a professional timer from you supply store or SprinklerWarehouse (cheapest around for the pro products).

waterworld

Starting Member

Saturday, July 13th 2002, 7:21pm

Do not purchase a controller from Home Depot or Lowes. They cost just as much as what you can spend at a local irrigation supply house or through this website. For my customers I recommend staying with Hunter or Rainbird. All other brands are inferior in my opinion. Both brands offer high end models although for the average homeowner the entry levels work great.

Scott A. Webb
Scott A. Webb

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 1:26pm

Definatly hunter Controllers..........The SRC in my opinion...(under 9 stations) and the Proc for up to 12...anything bigger the ICC!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

Joseph L. Swinehart

Sunday, October 26th 2003, 2:47pm

Another thing is to consider the controller that can be updated with modules (usually addition of 2 at a time) for home growth. These also are best for the price. If you buy a 4 zone timer and later want to add another zone you are buying a new timer.

Just a thought.

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:13am

I agree with Joseph, that's why I usually insall the rainbird esp module timer, it comes with a module, and you can by modules that have 3 zones on them up to twelve zones.
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, October 31st 2003, 12:13pm

if you want modular use the Hunter PRO -C
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread