You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 9th 2006, 5:52pm

Single Leaking Head - Toro System

[?]Aplogies in advance for my lack on knowledge on this issue - I'm posting this for my 75-year-old dad. He's got a 5-zone Toro system. After the timer shuts the system off, a single head continues to leak a small volume of water. The leaking head is the 2nd head, and the highest placed head in its zone, with none of the other heads in that zone leaking.
Suspecting the master solenoid had gone bad, my dad (who's pretty handy) replaced the entire master solenoid valve with a new Watts dual valve. He showed me the problem, and I can't make any sense of it, either.
With a new master valve installed, NONE of the heads should continue to get any flow of water, even if a zone solenoid went bad. And why an elevated head would be leaking with system shut off, I can't understand. But sure enough - that one head has got water leaking out of it that only stops when the gate valves on the master solenoid are shut off.
Does ANYBODY have any insights into what might be causing this problem and how to fix it? Feel free to e-mail me directly in addition to posting.
Thanks in advance-
Walter Kneis
wk

rrdr

Starting Member

Saturday, July 1st 2006, 11:20pm

Dear Walter,
I came across the problem you were having in april and I was hoping to learn from your misfortune but I was unable to find a solution. If you could be so kind and e-mail me if you were able to solve the problem.
Your reply would be greatly appreciated. Take Care and Aloha!
millerrickyr@yahoo.com

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 4:39am

Constant seepage from a single head points at a 'weeping' zone valve. Repair or replace it.

xpedient

Sunday, July 2nd 2006, 3:34pm

Replace the diaphragm
Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread