You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

strickl

Monday, April 10th 2006, 10:01am

Where did the water come from?

What I am most perplexed about on this latest bust is where the water comes from. I have noticed on another system of mine that during the winter the backflow slowly leaks all winter long (a couple of drips here and there) especially on a day when it has been in the 30's and then the suns out and up to 50 the next day. However, on this latest break the pipe that goes to the backflow busted a hole in it and the pipe is probably 3 feet long coming up out of the ground. Why was there water in it when we blew out the system last Fall the heads in the ground were rotating back and forth with air coming out and no water in sight. With the water shut off to the system, where does the water come from? Is there always a little lingering water in the pipes and if so why wouldn't it drain out through the test cocks on the backflow?

BSME

Advanced Member

Wednesday, April 12th 2006, 5:24am

The shutoff valve is probably leaking

Rate this thread