You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

buster100

Wednesday, April 12th 2006, 9:45am

4th zone is not working properly

when i first turned on the sprinkler the first three zones worked fine but there was nothing at all from the 4th zone.After checking the wiring which was fine i removed the celenoid and put it back on and one head in the yard began to work but that is all.the other 3 heads in the yard have not gone on at all .Could it be the valve or the celinoid can a celinoid go partially bad, or there is something elese i should be looking for? . thanks tony

buster100

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 5:42am

a little more info---if it helps any i took the time to blow out the 4th line last night and all of the heads popped with air coming from all of them .

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 4:26pm

Open the valve manually by turning the solenoid. All of the heads should come on manually. If not, you probably have a stuck plunger or a bad internal part. Replace the solenoid first and re-check your wiring. If still no avail, replace the valve.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, April 14th 2006, 3:16am

Don't turn the solenoid if it is an older valve.....what a mess you will make with the old style non-internal bleed solenoids.

Use the bleed screw if it has one ..... turn the water off....turn the timer on.....wait 2 minutes....does the solenoid get hot? If so, probly not a bad solenoid. Usually a bad solenoid trips the timer/breaks the fuse etc.....bad wiring does nothing....bad diaphragm will not let the valve open but the solenoid will work...make sense?

To clear it up:

If the valve will come on manually with the bleed screw..and the solenoid is good..the diaphragm probably has pin holes or small cracks in it and the guts should be changed.

If the valve does not come on at all with the bleed screw and the solenoid is good...the diaphragm has huge holes in it or is completely broken....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread