You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pete

Starting Member

Sunday, July 14th 2002, 12:32pm

spray volume

I have a Toro system, 10 zones, each with 4 Super 700 rotors, fed from a well. My pump does not run continuously as it should while watering, and my well man says I should try changing nozzles, so that more water is applied and the tank pressure does not build up enough to cycle the pump off. All nozzles are now 3.0 gpm. Does increasing to 4.5 gpm or even higher sound like a good fix?

nestors

Advanced Member

Sunday, August 18th 2002, 9:59am

Yes , or you can add more heads per zone or you can install a T fitting in the main line @ the pump with a 1/2" threaded line out of T to release some water as well as connecting a pipe to the 1/2" and install a head spraying it back into pond or water source.

Nestor's Alpharetta,Ga vpn1@attbi.com

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rate this thread