You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rkokoski

Thursday, April 13th 2006, 5:11am

New Install Need Expert Advice

OK, this can be long but I have some hopefully simple questions in order for me to finish my design. I am installing a new system in the Maryland area covering about 1 acre. I have my design pretty much finished but some simple questions.

1. In Maryland am I better off using PVC piping vs. Poly? I would think Poly is easier to install because of the flexibility but the PVC is stronger.

2. Should I be using ¾’’ or 1’’ for my piping of main lines and lateral lines? With my pressure (45 PSI) and max # heads/per zone (4 max, Rainbird 5004) I am thinking I am fine with ¾’’

3. I plan on using funny pipe with barb connections to connect my heads to the lateral lines. Any other thoughts or things to keep in mind here? Hints on connecting the pipe to the barbs to make sure they stay in?

4. With the funny pipe connections what is the max length I can extend the funny pipe? This will let me know how much flexibility I have in laying my lateral lines.

Thanks for any help and advice!!!

-RKokoski
Richard Kokoski

xpedient

Sunday, June 25th 2006, 7:40pm

1) I like Poly for lateral lines.

2)1" poly should be good, but I am not sure how many heads you can run. Rainbird 5004 uses quite a bit of water and you need to calculate your Gallons per minute. Fill up a 5 gallon bucket and time how long it takes you...

4) I would stick to under 3 feet because you are going from 1" poly pipe to 3/8" swing pipe and that cuts down significantly especially with a rainbird 5000 which demands quite a bit of flow to run correctly.

Xpedient Irrigation Inc. is a locally owned company that delivers solutions to all your sprinker system needs.
We service both residential and light commercial customers.

We offer: Complete installations
All types of Repairs
Summer start-ups
Evaluation of coverage
Troubleshooting
Pressure loss
Vacuum breaker repair
Drip/Low-Pressure Irrigation Installation and Repair
and Much More!

If you would like free consultation or advice for your property, please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Call or email us now to schedule your summer-start up!

http://www.highlandsranch.com/class/display.html?id=3537

Rate this thread