You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MAS956

Saturday, April 15th 2006, 10:17am

Installing New System Over Old

I recently put a brick patio in that required ripping up some of my sprinkler system which I'd like to re-do with the coming summer. My original plan was to relocate the valves along the same wall away from the patio, but that line is only 1/2" vs. the current 3/4" which I was advised to stay with.

I have hacked enough of the old system that the advice from one contractor was to just run an all new system (probably 3 stations covering 1200 sq ft of lawn). I'd like to DIY this if possible and was wondering if I need to pull up the old sched. 40 before trenching for the new lines?

Thanks,
Mark

Tom

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 6:18am

why pull out the old? just cut those pipes you run into as your installing new

MAS956

Sunday, April 16th 2006, 8:07am

Thanks Tom,

I plan to re-trench and will probably be doing so very close to the original location - will the existing sched. 40 cause problems with the trencher?

Thanks,
Mark

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, April 17th 2006, 2:49am

No problems w/ the trencher.....hack through it....sometimes the pipe will get caught up in the chain requiring you to stop and disengage the pipes from the trencher teeth...but don't bother removing the old pipe..just put in new pipe....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread