You are not logged in.

dealzone

Monday, April 17th 2006, 6:37am

Toro Custom Eight Controller Broke - Help!!

I have no sprinkler experience so here goes. My TORO timer is a Custom Eight Model# 123-01-12 Serial # A39541 and the timer no longer works. I canb perate the timer by turning it physically. The system is "hydraulic" based and the local TORO dealer is quoting everyone in my subdivision $3,000 to $5,000 to convert it to electric. I'm thinking that's not going to work for me. So what can / should I do. Are there used controllers out there / conversion kits or a timer brand that can mechanically turn the wheel that my existing timer no longer does automatically.
Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 17th 2006, 8:30am

Unless you're running on a secondary water supply, you may have more than just a timer to worry about. The vast majority of hydraulic-controlled sprinkler systems have no backflow protection. The breakdown of the hydraulic controller would present you with the opportunity to change to electric valves and a modern controller. If the new valves are the antisyphon type, those would give you the backflow prevention a sprinkler system needs.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, April 17th 2006, 1:33pm

My great friend in Arizona makes something that just might help you...and I believe he will ship it out...and give instruction for a fee....much cheaper than conversion.

Here is his website..his name is Bill...please tell him Tony Neumann in Colorado sent you....

good luck

http://www.members.cox.net/tismaz/billtism.htm
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

dealzone

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 12:23pm

Hi Sprinkler guy,

Ispoke with Mr. Bill and he says that it's been a couple of years and he sends his fondest regards. Yes he has exactly what I need and he understood my problem and issues immediately

Thanks

dealzone

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 5:23pm

No problem..I have been meaning to call him and have not yet done so...he is a very knowledgable man....good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

daniels

Tuesday, August 14th 2007, 4:13pm

I rebuild and repair Toro Custom and Monitor II controllers. My email is tim_daniels@hotmail.com
Tim Daniels

Rate this thread