You are not logged in.

Hesh

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 1:33pm

Imperial Valet Timer wiring

I took all of my wiring off at the end of last season to move the box in my basement. Unfortunately I did not make a diagram of which wire goes back where. Is there any place to find a wiring diagram for this model or maybe somebody can give me instructions. It is the 6 zone model. There are 4 wires coming in. 1 is just a white wire. The other 3 have red, white, blue and green. Obviously I am no master electrician and this is probably very easy, but if someone can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 2:48pm

You would really need a multimeter, or VOM, and test the wiring for resistance, to be certain. Most likely the white wire is the common. The others correspond to one of the three zones. This is not anything that a controller manufacturer could help you with.

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 3:15pm

to avoid getting real technical... I think you would be best off just hooking them all up and seeing in what order they come on... then switching them around

Hesh

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 7:01am

Ok, I got it hooked up. Now I have a new problem. Only the front station comes on. And it comes on whether it is on 1 or 6 or any one of them. I think I'm screwed here. Is it time to call a pro?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 19th 2006, 3:17pm

Now you know why you mark the wires, or at least write down what color goes where. You can save some money if you buy a cheap multimeter from Radio Shack, and start making resistance measurements between the wires. If the outdoor connections and the valve solenoids are in good order, you can easily figure out which wires are which.

I would suggest beginning by assuming that the wire connected to the zone (on your controller) that does turn on is your common wire. The wire that you connected to the 'common' terminal on your controller is probably the wire that corresponds to the 'front station'

Rate this thread