You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jw

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 4:44pm

Pump Will Not Hold Prime

My sprinkler uses lake water for it's supply. I have 7 zones and primed the pump for the first time a week ago. It sprinkled as it should and shut off after zone 7. The next morning, it was set to come on a 6 a.m.. The pump came on, right on time but no water came out of zone 1. I shut the pump off, primed it again and it ran through all 7 zones. Same problem next morning. Why is the pump losing it's prime. I have a check valve on the intake pipe in the lake. Could this be the problem and is a check valve necessary? I would appreciate any help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 18th 2006, 5:24pm

Check for a suction line leak.

jw

Friday, April 21st 2006, 3:15pm

We've had heavy rain the last two days so I haven't had a chance to check the suction line for a leak. Thank you for replying as that's the first thing I'll check as soon as it gets dry out there.

Rate this thread