You are not logged in.

John Page

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 6:02pm

pump losses pressure over 10 to 15 min period

Pulling water from lake with a 1.5 hp motor, Pressure is 50psi and drops to 40psi while 7 ag-5 impluse sprinkler work. The heads are nozzel are 2.7 each. Pressure holds for approx 17 min and than falls to over that time to below 30 psi and than fails

HELP

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 27th 2006, 9:36pm

Suction line leak? Clogged inlet strainer?

John Page

Friday, April 28th 2006, 2:29pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />Suction line leak? Clogged inlet strainer?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

John Page

Friday, April 28th 2006, 2:33pm

suction line link - I replaced the inline back flow and a new compression connector, clogged inlet strainer - I cleaned the strainer cloth over the inlet pipe and while it runs the water seems clear. I also dis-assembled the motor casing for debris clean out, there was no debris ? Thanks for your response, any other ideas??<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>

John Page

Friday, April 28th 2006, 2:33pm

suction line link - I replaced the inline back flow and a new compression connector, clogged inlet strainer - I cleaned the strainer cloth over the inlet pipe and while it runs the water seems clear. I also dis-assembled the motor casing for debris clean out, there was no debris ? Thanks for your response, any other ideas??<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 28th 2006, 2:43pm

I would be checking the suction pressure (negative pressure, actually) with a vacuum gauge and looking to see if there's some change during operation. How old is the pump?

John Page

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 3:58pm

Thanks for the response, you were correct with the suction line leak, a small (one drop every 3 min) from a coupling. Go fiqure.
thanks again for your ideas and helpful response

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />I would be checking the suction pressure (negative pressure, actually) with a vacuum gauge and looking to see if there's some change during operation. How old is the pump?

Rate this thread