You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

huskerco

Starting Member

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 10:42am

Poly Pipe leak

I have poly pipe throughout my yard. The manufacture of my system is DIG. I have an older system that uses yellow-end connectors. DIG no longer sells that size connectors, so I can't splice the pipe. I have a leak in my poly pipe. I would like to patch it. I have used electrical tape to patch the leak. That works pretty good, but there is still a minor leak. Is there some glue or other sealant or tape that I can put on the outside of the poly pipe to stop the small leak?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 3:58pm

You can't glue poly.

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Monday, May 1st 2006, 2:47am

You can insert a coupling into the pipe if it's just like a slit in the pipe going perpendicular to the pipe, but if you have a longer slit running parrallel with pipe, you can cut the section of the bad pipe out and patch in a new piece of pipe using 2 couplings

Rate this thread