You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

midnight

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 6:02pm

Irritrol Total Control not working

I moved into a house last fall which has a Total Control installed, but I never had time to use it before winter set in. (I did have someone blow out the pipes before winter.)

Now it's spring and I'm trying to see if the Total Control works. I have water in the lines and I can manually turn on a valve by unscrewing the bleeder(?) screw on each individual valve, so I know that much works.

However, whether I use automatic or manual mode on the TC, nothing happens. The display looks correct. I do not see "short".

Checking with the voltmeter, I see the strangest thing. Between common and any of the valve connectors I always see 24vac on all of them, regardless of whether the main switch says "rain-off" or "manual" or "run", and if I manually turn on a segment and then switch to run, there's still no change, they all are still getting power.

The display is working and I see all the stuff I'm supposed to see (e.g. if I turn on a leg manually I'll see the time gradually count down). I even purposefully shorted a segment to see if "short" would appear for that segment, and it did.

I'm mistified as to what could be wrong.

Rate this thread