You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 12:18pm

Hunter Pro-C Controller

Can I combine a PC-300 controller with just a
PCM-900 expansion module. Which would give me a total of 12 zones.

I am a bit confused by the description:

"9 Station Expansion Module. The PCM-900 Add-on Expansion Module can only be used to increase the Pro-C Series PC-300i and PC-300 Controllers to 15 zones. This 9 station module must be used with one 3 station module to increase the controller to 15 zones."

Seems like i would need to buy a PC-300, a PCM-300, and a PCM-900.

Thanks,

Jamie

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 2:41pm

They want you to buy three PCM-300 modules, in order to get to 12 zones.

Friday, May 5th 2006, 8:50am

The problem is I think all I will need is 12 zones, but I might need a couple more. I wanted to buy just the controller and a 9 zone extension. Then purchase the other 3 zone extension later when needed.

Is a controller with a single 9 zone (plus the three that comes with the controller) supported?

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 9:00am

I think you you need to buy the base controller and a 3 module in order to use the 9 station module. The 9 module unit only fits into the second available slot, and won't fit into the first.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 1:53pm

If you want to allow for the possibility of more than 12 zones, you will have to purchase a PCM-300 and a PCM-900 ~ a PCM-900 alone won't work, even if all you need are 12 zones.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 3:03pm

Base controller comes w/ the 3 module already...so you don't have to purchase any modules except the 9...

If you need more than 12 get a Rainbird ESP LX or Hunter ICC....just my opinion.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 5:12pm

The Pro-C controller specifically states that the PCM-900 module is for creating a 15-zone controller, adding it after you've added a PCM-300 module. The Pro-C I recently installed had a small sticker detailing this requirement. The 'base module' is its own animal, having 5 terminals.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 7:12pm

That shows you how long since I've hung a ProC doesn't it?

Sorry, my bad.....ignore my response..thanks for the info Wet.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Beartooth

Sunday, May 7th 2006, 7:01pm

Boots, you're all "wet" on this one! Pro C base model is a 3-station module.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 7th 2006, 8:13pm

Three stations, and the common, and the master valve. Five terminals.

Rate this thread