You are not logged in.

drhodes4672

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 4:00pm

Zone working no matter what!

I have a water well that supplies the water to my sprinkler system. I have 10 zones and zone 9 is staying on all the time, even after I disconnected the leads from the Control Unit (which is Rainbird). The only time I can get zone 9 to stop is to throw the breaker on the well. My husband replaced the solenoid in the ground (where the valve is, I guess), but that didn't work. Could it be that the valve is stuck "open" and needs to be replaced? The valve appears to control both zones 8 and 9. The bleed valve can be turned and zone 8 comes on instead of zone 9, but I can't run the rest of the system because of this issue.

We are both novices when it comes to the sprinkler system, but willing to take any advice or suggestions for things to try.

Thanks,
drhodes

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 4:49pm

It is possible your valve is stuck open. Remove the top of the valve, and remove the diaphragm and visually check to see if you can see anything in the valve. If the diaphragm looks bad, it may need to be replaced. You can get a rebuild kit for your valves at any local irrigation distributor.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

drhodes4672

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 3:19am

Hi Tony, that's exactly what I'm thinking too, so I've bought a replacement valve and will be doing the troubleshooting today. Thanks so much for your help!
drhodes

Rate this thread