You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

saint

Friday, May 5th 2006, 12:36pm

New Sprinkler system

I am incredibly new with sprinkler irrigation systems, so pardon my ignorance in this area. I have recieved a few estimates for a sprinkler system that fall between $ 2500.00 and $ 3000.00. My Yard / garden area is approximately 9300 sf. The garden area is 58 ft x 30 ft on the side yard by the blvd. I use city water on sandy soil, and I have no idea on GPM or PSI type stuff. These are the proposals.
Controller: SRC Plus
Heads: 19-22 PGP rotors and 18-20 Pro Sprays = around 40 heads
Valves: Hunter PGV jar tops
Backflow preventer: unknown brand
Rain click wireless sensor
The other was
Controller: Toro Greenkeeper
Heads: 21 PGP or s800 rotors, 8 Toro 570 sprays = 29 total heads
Valves: Irritrol 2400t
Backflow: Febco
I think the conflict in head count is due to one person using spray heads on the blvd vs. rotor heads. He also wants to put some 8-12" popup spray heads in the garden which is 58'x30'. While the other will use the rotors from the blvd to hit the garden. Does anyone have a preference on blvd's, spray vs. rotors? The funny part is they both use the same amount of rotor heads. They are both the same price so is it a better deal to go with the estimate that has more heads? Any inputs are more than welcome. Talk about confused and overwhelmed.

Tom

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 1:18pm

you need a design showing the placement and coverage of the heads

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 5th 2006, 2:59pm

I don't give out a design..do you tom?

I can't draw pretty pictures but I sure as **** can install a sprinkler system that works well....I don't think a picture is necessary.....I lose bids because of it, but then again, I don't want every bid anyway.

I think you should call their references...do they have any?
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

saint

Friday, May 5th 2006, 6:13pm

Sprinkler Guy is correct in that they will not give out there design. Both have good references, and both semm to be genuinely honest. I quess I am leaning toward the all Hunter system. From reading past posts the Hunter controller sounds superior to the Toro. If it is close to the same cost it only seems logical.

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 4:30am

i won't give out a design either. i'm suggesting that he get a design since he's getting different head counts. every yard can be set-up in several ways- and it appears thats what saint is hung up on. these 2 contractors are looking at your yard differently so find out where they are placing heads. if you like one tell him he's hired and ask for a design.

saint

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 8:26am

Thanks Tom, I have already started that process. One contractor is coming by next week, to explain in more detail his design. I just want to say I have learned a lot from postings on this site, and want to say thanks for the help.

Rate this thread