You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jfic

Saturday, May 6th 2006, 10:49am

Hunter SRV Leak Disassemble & Clean?

Hi,
Just like Wetspot I have sprinkler heads that leak constantly well after the zone shuts off. I know where the valve locations are are and one is wet while the other two are dry - I am guessing the wet one is the problem? Anyway the Hunter website indicates that the valve may have debris in it and should be dissassembled and cleaned. I think I could do this (clean the valve) but am not sure what the process is. I assume I shut off the electicity and water then try to blead out the water? I have a pdf diagram of the valve parts I got from the hunter website so I think taking it apart would be easy. I just had the system installed a year and a half ago so I could call my installer but if it is easy to do myself I thought I would give it a shot. Am I thinking straight here, is it pretty easy if you know what to do? Thanks

jfic

Sunday, May 7th 2006, 12:46pm

Hi again,
I learned a bit yesterday. I twisted a little knob (bleed screw) on the top of the valve and isolated which valve is associated with the leaking sprinkler heads. It was not the one I thought. Now I guess I will call the installer and ask if I should get a replacement or take it apart. BTW - the links below go to the PDF files for my valve. I was wrong about the model, it must be a PGV and either a 100A or a 100G since it has a bleed screw. Anyway, any input would be appreciated. Thanks! http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/PDFs/Product_Guides/Domestic/LIT224w.PDF
http://www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/PDFs/Technical/Domestic/211494_valves.pdf

Rate this thread