You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

nrupalp

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 4:45am

Need to install sprinklers in 20x40 ft area

I really need help guys. I have a side yard which is about 20x40ft rectangle. What would be my best choice? And what would be the best spots to put the heads? I will be running new pipe with water supply and i ahve enough force of water since i will be tapping in from same line as my existing sprinklers.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 4:08pm

Spray heads. Either the Hunter Pro Spray series or the Rain Bird 1800 series. Your spacing will vary depending upon your available pressure and the nozzles used. Generally, you can get 10' 12' or 15' nozzles as the most common types. You want to have head to head coverage, meaning each head sprays to the next and so on..
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 10th 2006, 5:48pm

wow

nrupalp

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 4:05am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RidgeRun05</i>
<br />Spray heads. Either the Hunter Pro Spray series or the Rain Bird 1800 series. Your spacing will vary depending upon your available pressure and the nozzles used. Generally, you can get 10' 12' or 15' nozzles as the most common types. You want to have head to head coverage, meaning each head sprays to the next and so on..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks for the reply but i was thinking of putting 4 rotors on 4 corners, if i use spray heads, i will need a lot of them, dont you think? about 6?!?!

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 4:13am

6 rotors total- rotors at each corner and one each halfway along the 40' side. If you used sprays you'd need 15 to do it right.

nrupalp

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 4:30am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tom</i>
<br />6 rotors total- rotors at each corner and one each halfway along the 40' side. If you used sprays you'd need 15 to do it right.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

whats the best choice of rotors i should use?

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 12:40pm

rainbird 3500, hunter pgj, or mprotator

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 2:59pm

I vote for RB3500.....perfect head for this area.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

brad44

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 8:34pm

1 vote for Hunter PGJ rotor here. You're looking at about 15 spray heads versus six PGJ rotors to do the same job. 3 rows of sprays heads versus 2 rows of rotors. And depending upon what kind of pressure and GPM you've got, perhaps 2 circuits instead of 3, or hopefully 1 circuit instead of 2. If you can get 15 lawn sprays on 1 circuit, you're in great shape.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 10:08pm

(thinks briefly about recalling those square-pattern sprayheads that could easily cover a 20x20 area, before he notices the black van of the You're-Not-Using-Enough-Material hit squad lurking around the corner) [xx(]

Rate this thread