You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vlesperance1

Starting Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 9:23am

PGP vs PGP-ATR vs MaxiPaw 2045

Everything I know about sprinklers, I've learned in the last 24 hours.

I have a new house with an old system (12+ years?) with 20ish Rain Bird MaxiPaw 2045's. Half the heads won't rotate properly.

Hunter PGP's seem like a good replacement. But I see something called PGP-ATR specifically to replace MaxiPaws. Is there a reason to pick PGP-ATR over PGP? Do they connect to the current piping differently? What really is the difference between the two?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 11th 2006, 12:38pm

the pgp-atr will replace the guts of the maxipaw so you'll have a pgp rotor inside a maxipaw body. You'll also need a maxipaw wrench to take out the maxipaw guts. In my opinion, your better off changing to the pgp.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 15th 2006, 6:13am

Do yourself a favor, and just try one replacement at first. That way you won't waste money if it turns out that your particular system requires the low-pressure coverage that only the Maxipaw will provide.

IWillDare

Starting Member

Saturday, June 3rd 2006, 7:34pm

I read that the Hunter PGP-ATR is designed to fit in the MaxiPaw canister but that it is "compatible with many common impact canisters". Does anyone know if that would include the Orbit Satellite? I've got a couple of the Satellite impact heads that always full of dirt and would like to replace with the PGP-ATR if possible (to minimize digging!)

Rate this thread