You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

zwebsm

Tuesday, May 16th 2006, 12:12pm

Pressure reducer

I am trying to add a pressure regulator to the valve on my sprinkler system for drip irrigationg but the threads are hose threads, so I added a 3/4 mht x mipt but the mipt does not thread into the valve correctly (the fitting is brass) what do I need to do?

jlease

Wednesday, May 17th 2006, 10:42am

Assuming the valve is 3/4" pipe thread and you are trying to screw in the 3/4" pipe thread end of the brass fitting, then it sounds like you cross-threaded the plastic valve and may need to replace the valve, if that is the case, you can buy one with a flow control and don't need the regulator anyway. I'd re-teflon tape the brass and try to thread it in again, and be forceful in keeping it from cross-threading, sometimes you can overcome the initial bad thread in the plastic with surehanded forceful proper threading of the brass.

Rate this thread