You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 2:02am

Hardie TC6-IN Controller Short

I have a Hardie Total Control 6 station indoor controller that is about 8 years old. Recently all 4 zones say "short" on the contoller whether in auto or manual modes. I lifted the zone wiring and common for each zone from the circuit board and measured with an ohmeter and got a reading of 26 ohms for each one. The input transformer is producing 28 VAC to the system. I checked the rain sensor and the wiring is intact - no shorts etc. I tried resetting the controller several times to no avail. I removed the ribbon connector and reseated it as well. Even with the rain sensor activated, breaking the common, it reads short when you try to manually start any of the 4 stations. Any ideas? It seems unlikely that all 4 zone valves would go bad. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.
Al

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 3:09am

Total Control has been notorious for bad boards.....replace it I think is the easiest fix.

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 4:51am

Hey Sprinklerguy:

Thanks for the info and quick repsonse.

Al[:)]
Al

alscarpati

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 4:58am

Quoted

<i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />Total Control has been notorious for bad boards.....replace it I think is the easiest fix.

Again thanks for the info. Do you have a recommendation for a replacement? Thanks again.
Al

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 4:18am

How about the same timer?

The newer versions will have a 5 year warranty...in case of a bad board again..unless it is determined that lightning caused the damage.

If not the same type...go with a Rainbird ESP...very easy to program...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

alscarpati

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 7:02am

Thanks for all your help. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />How about the same timer?

The newer versions will have a 5 year warranty...in case of a bad board again..unless it is determined that lightning caused the damage.

If not the same type...go with a Rainbird ESP...very easy to program...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Al

Rate this thread