You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cpower01

Starting Member

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 5:53pm

All stations watering at once

<font face="Arial">I recently had my system fixed up (it was put in by the original homeowner)and when I open the valve in the yard, all four stations come on (there are actually six valves wired up, but I only use four currently). I have one colored wire running from the timer to one wire on each solenoid.

I have tried several variations with the ground wire, including:

1) Cutting six notches in the white wire and hooking up the second wire from each solenoid.

2) Daisy-chaining each wire, one to the next.

3) Bundling all of the wires in one and putting a wiring cap on each one.

When I run a test, I can hear each solenoid kicking on and then turning off and moving on to the next one. I can hold the wire and feel power going through it.

My thought is that as long as I have the wiring set up correctly, when I open the main water valve nothing should come on until that first solenoid fires.

Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cliff
AIM: PerotCliff
cliff.powers@ps.net
</font id="Arial">

Rate this thread