You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lily

Saturday, May 20th 2006, 9:31pm

Trouble with Toro Moist -O-Matic

Hi - In my new house I have a Toro Moist-O-Matic controller for my sprinkeler system. It seems to be in working order, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to set the day the sprinkeler system should be going on. The day dial does not seem to have any indication of which day it is. Additionally, I cannot figure out how to have the sprinkelers go on every third day. Is there anywhere that I might be able to find an old manual? Any other hints? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 8:46am

Moist-O-Matics are long discontinued. Probably your 'day dial' (calendar wheel) has fourteen positions, so you will not be able to get third-day watering.

lily

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 1:48pm

Hi! Thanks for your quick response. Do you have any idea of how I could set the system to water frequently? With the 14 positions how do you indicate which days to water?

Thank you very much for your help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 21st 2006, 3:58pm

There should be pins in the calendar wheel to determine whether you are or are not on a watering day. Experimenting will determine which is which. (somehow, I remember the phrase 'Pins in - Water')

daniels

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 11:00am

Actually for the day dial on any of the old Toro controllers from the old silver Moist o Matic to the Custom and Monitor with removable pine, will water with no pin in the day position on the dial. You are correct on the fourteen day wheel. Not quite as flexible as the electronic clocks.
Tim Daniels

Rate this thread