You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Texas Guy

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 23rd 2006, 5:48pm

Problem with Irritrol Controller

I just realized my Irrigation system has not been working. I am unable to get any zone to come on manually or via the standard program. I took a look at the controller and it shows the 'Master Valve' indicator on the LCD. This is supposed to indicate a short in that circuit so hence no operation (since it is the Master.)

* I have hooked up the master valve and a another zone directly to 24V and that zone operates properly.
* I took out the solenoid from the Master Valve and it seems to be working.
* I have unplugged the unit and removed the battery for 30 minutes as suggested by Irritrol support but that did not clear it.
* I swapped the master valve and zone 1 valve on the hookup board (thinking this might then show Master Valve OK but SHORT in zone 1 if there was a real issue.) Controller still reports 'Master Valve' condition and will not operate any zones.

Are there any other recommendations to help me debug this problem? We have had many Thunderstorms this May and I am suspecting the "Short Circuit" circuitry may have gotten damaged. Any thoughts? Is there any way to bypass this function? Any other suggestions before I try to replace the controller logic board?

I do appreciate any help!!!

Rate this thread