You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jrf

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 10:25am

Low presure Issue

Both my neighbor and I had inground sprinlker systems installed, because each of us have finshed basements and inside water connections would have been extremely diffiuclt, our water connections were made at an outside water valve. Pressue appears to be a little bit under 10gpm which seems to underpower the system just a little bit. The farthest areas are barely getting coverage.

Can we install a booster outside, and if so, what would you recommend, or what other options do we have.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 28th 2006, 12:18pm

I am assuming you hooked up to a hose spigot?

Pressure and 10gpm are contradictory terms....gallons per minute and pressure are 2 different things....

Most hose bibbs supply about 4-5 gpm.....it could be 150psi and it will probably still be low gpm...

I'm not sure where you are getting the 10gpm figure?

My suggestion is to have a plumber give you a water tap from the main water line..finished basement or not.

good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 29th 2006, 3:39am

You might also re-nozzle the rotor heads, and live with less flow (and longer watering times) if it gets you the performance needed to cover the lawn.

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, May 29th 2006, 5:11am

you might also consider mprotators

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 7:01am

I'm loving the MP Rotors. They allowed me to space heads only every 20' and seem to have almost infinite ajustability (both in arc and distance). So far, the only negative I've found with them is that you'll be SOL if you need an arc angle less than 90 degrees or between 270 to 360 degrees (i.e. arcs are limited to 90 to 270 degrees plus there's a 360 degree version).

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 30th 2006, 2:45pm

there is a new mprotator head that will water arcs that are less than 90 degrees

Vandy

Friday, August 18th 2006, 2:17pm

Be careful on the less than 90 MP Rotator (MP Corner) because the precipitation rate on it is double the precip rate of the other MP Rotators. Can make for a very soggy area if zoned with other MP1000, MP2000 or MP3000 nozzles. If you are having an issue with low flow and pressure, you also might want to consider the Rotary Nozzle from Rain Bird. It has a wider operating range for pressure (down to 20 psi) than the MP Rotator. It will only get to 13 or 17 feet at 20 psi (depending upon which nozzle is used) but it has a slightly larger water droplet and lower stream trajectories which make for greater resistance to wind drift. Plus it won't stall at low psi like the MP.

www.rainbird.com/rotarynozzles

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, August 21st 2006, 5:14am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vandy</i>
<br />Be careful on the less than 90 MP Rotator (MP Corner) because the precipitation rate on it is double the precip rate of the other MP Rotators. Can make for a very soggy area if zoned with other MP1000, MP2000 or MP3000 nozzles.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you're getting twice the precipitation rate on the MP Corner, perhaps you need to get a replacement or coverage hasn't been done correctly.

Unless the MPRotator web site lies in on their web pages, the charts showing Radius (ft) and flow (gpm) are nearly identical for an MP1000/90-210 operated at 90 degrees vs. MPCorner operated at 90 degrees.
. Matched precipitation rates is one of MPRotators selling points, and while they don't have

lush96

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 21st 2007, 7:26pm

put less heads per zone or get a pump. nozzle changing will help too.

Rate this thread