You are not logged in.

Tom

Supreme Member

Monday, June 5th 2006, 3:10pm

Are they adjusted to quarter, half, full circles, etc.? Since they are adjustable, start closing them off one at a time until you get the throw you want.

I'll bet after you start closing them off you'll notice an increased distance in the open ones.

Seems like a classic case of too many heads on a zone.

azjacket

Monday, June 5th 2006, 5:55pm

they are a mix of half, full, .... i started closing them off. i tried what you suggested - when two were shut off, all the other heads were fully up with high pressure. when one shut off, it was stronger but not as much as both. the distance apart ranges from ~12-13ft down to about ~9. would it worth putting some 12ft nozzles in the areas that are closer together? are different brands better for lower pressure situation? anything else i should be checking to make sure something else isn't wrong? thanks for your help

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 1:53am

Could you install another zone valve and run some of the heads on an additional zone? Definitely try smaller nozzles where they're closer together. There are also 10 and 8 foot radius nozzles (for those you buy the pattern you need, and not a variable-arc model)

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 2:21am

Tell us the arcs please on the heads...the 15foot adj's use almost 2gpm at 180 degrees....that would be too much gallonage already just with them....the 3/4 cl200 that your system is more than likely piped with can't handle it.

I could still refer you to a tech...and it isn't me if that is what you are wondering....I am not in the valley anymore....

Let us know the arcs
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

azjacket

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 4:50am

here are the arcs - 1 360 hunter 15', 2 ~180+ hunter 15', 1 ~120 hunter 15', 1 ~120 hunter 12', 2 ~120' rainbird. the yard has some curves. not perfect rectangle. i may be interested in the tech if suggestions don't work. also, the valve on the strong zone looks like a rainbird you would see at home depot. the valve on the weak zone looks like more of a professional grade hunter. thanks

DOORZ

Advanced Member

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 5:58am

Just assuming you are opperating at 30psi your heads are as follows

15' 360 - 3.72 GPM
15' 180 - 1.86 GPM (each)
15' 120 - 1.24 GPM
12' 120 - .84 GPM

Rainbird heads - .87 GPM ?

Just for the hunter heads you are pushing 9.52 GPM, and I would guess with the 2 rainbird spray heads you are pushing over 11 GPM which I imagine is too much for the 3/4" piping.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 3:44am

There you go....depending on how far away the zone is from the valves...this should be your problem.

Also...if you are operating higher than 30 psi..which I bet you are......more gpm used. Take a picture of the water source so we can confirm....or call a tech for more help.

Good luck
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread