You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 2nd 2006, 8:11am

BlackFlow Valve Broken?

My backflo valve seems to need replacement, but not complete sure if I need to replace the whole valve or can just replace the handle assembly.

When I turn either one of the handles, they don't seem to do anything. I can turn them in both directions endlessly.

Secondly, forget for a second that they may be broken, how are these supposed to be set? That is...is the fist one (nearer water supply) supposed to be open or closed? Are they both supposed to be open?

Not sure how it is supposed to work.

tehachapibackflow

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 6:47pm

When you try to turn the water off you need to make sure that the handles are side to side not up and down. It sounds like the handles are just bad. You also might try to take the handles off the valve and just use a cresent wrench and turn the valve off, once again make sure that the little brass bolt that the handle bolts to is up and down that will guarntee that the water is off. I hope this helps.
Tyler Napier

Rate this thread