You are not logged in.

Saturday, June 3rd 2006, 5:43pm

Pre-M in an EZ Flo

First I would like to say

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been searching for a fertilizer injector forum for quite a while. I am glad I finally found this place.

I have a dosmatic A30 currently. It ***** too much fertilizer so I have an EZ Flo 010-FX coming. Cost a small fortune, but ..... I wish I had found this place first, I could of saved some time, money and frustration. Any way, here is my question.

My neighbors have terrible lawns and their weeds send seeds over to my lawn. Now my lawn isn't the greatest, but I am trying. I am planning on using EZ Flo's 28-8-18 fertilizer with thier LMS in each tank (I have a tall fescue lawn). However, I need a Pre-M solution to keep the weed seeds from germinating. What do people use for a Pre-M solution in an EZ Flo system? Once again, thanks for making a forum to ask questions on.

CommputerHigh

Wednesday, June 7th 2006, 4:48pm

OK. Since no one responded to my question, I figure I would expand upon it in the hopes to open some dialog.

I have spoken with both EZ Flo and Dosmatic. Their solution for Pre-emergent seems to be to put a Scotts or Peter's Professional brand fertilizer in my system/mix tank. That seems a little counter productive to me since it is my understanding that there are lot of non-water soluable "stuff" in these fertilizers (I know for a fact that Vigaro fertilizer has what looks like rocks in it after the water soluble stuff is gone). After extensive searching, I found a Lesco store that seems to have everything I need. Almost at least.

<font color="blue"><b>Fertigation Unit: </b></font id="blue"> Ez Flo EZ 010-FX9.4 Gallon fertilizer injector. 50-60 pounds of water soluable fertilizer is recommended and should last 4-6 weeks on my 1 acre lot.

<font color="blue"><b>Fertilizer:</b></font id="blue"> I want to use the Lesco water soluable fertilizer MacroN. It seems to be about the same as the EZ Flo stuff, but a little (or lot depending on where you buy it from) cheaper. I figure this should be OK. I plan on using 50 pounds per load cycle.

<font color="blue"><b>Pre-Emergent: </b></font id="blue"> I want to use Oryzalin 4 Pro (a generic of Dimension) as a pre-emergent. I figure 1 quart per load cycle should be sufficient. Anyone use something like this in thier system? My neighbors have lots of weeds and I have a few farm fields around me. If I don't put down Pre-M all summer, I will get over run with weeds.

<font color="blue"><b>Fungicide:</b></font id="blue"> I figure I might as well use a preventative fungicide also. I was looking at the Lesco Spectator but it is way expensive and very toxic. So I was looking at the Bayer Armada product. It comes in water soluable packets. I figure a 3 oz packet per load cycle should be sufficient.

HOWEVER, both the Armada product and the Oryzalin product specifically say not to apply the product through an irrigation system.

<font color="red"><b>Questions:</b></font id="red">

1) Why is an irrigation system not acceptable, but an airplane or tank spray system is acceptable?

2) Is my combination of chemicals acceptable and/or sound? Do I risk chemical interaction?

3) I was also thinking about adding the EZ Flo LMS product to help with my soil quality. Is this basically a fish emulsion or fish hydrolysate product? Is there a better (cheaper) generic product?

4) Is there anything I am missing and should be concerned about?

5) Is there a "correct" method to mounting my EZ Flo system in my garage? I don't really want to put it in the ground if I don't have to. I have my irrigation feeder pipe running into my garage with a custom manifold so I can bypass/fill it without turning off the water.

Fertigation Guru

Wednesday, June 21st 2006, 3:23pm

1.) Pre-M is very toxic and should not be mixed with your fertilizer. Spray methods are considered more controlled because the operator can choose when they apply the chemical and avoid unnecessary exposure. If you mix it in the tank, every time you water people are at risk.

2.) Fungicide should be applied on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. It like Pre-M poses serious risks to persons who come in contact with your water.

3.) LNS is a bio stimulant designed to increase microbial activity in the soil. The byproduct of the microbes is what benefits your landscape. Fertile earth sells a Bio Natra, but I am not sure if it is cheaper. Turf Pro is available online and is about half the price.

4.) Maintain a proper PH balance in your soil. Depending on where you live this can be done with calcium or gypsum products. Liquid versions are available but cannot be mixed with fertilizer supplements.

5.) The EZ FLO can be mounted in the garage. Stabilize the tank so it does not roll over.

Don't try to make the unit work miracles. Placing highly toxic chemicals into the system places you at risk. If anyone came into contact with the chemicals fell ill you would be liable.

gwrace

Thursday, April 26th 2007, 6:44am

I was just wondering where you found the best price on the Lesco Macron fertilizer product.

I'm looking for reasonably priced sources for water soluble fertilizers to be used in an EZ Flo mainline system. Preferably in quantities of 25-50 lb bags.

gwrace

Thursday, April 26th 2007, 6:56pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fertigation Guru</i>
<br />1.) Pre-M is very toxic and should not be mixed with your fertilizer. Spray methods are considered more controlled because the operator can choose when they apply the chemical and avoid unnecessary exposure. If you mix it in the tank, every time you water people are at risk.

2.) Fungicide should be applied on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. It like Pre-M poses serious risks to persons who come in contact with your water.

3.) LNS is a bio stimulant designed to increase microbial activity in the soil. The byproduct of the microbes is what benefits your landscape. Fertile earth sells a Bio Natra, but I am not sure if it is cheaper. Turf Pro is available online and is about half the price.

4.) Maintain a proper PH balance in your soil. Depending on where you live this can be done with calcium or gypsum products. Liquid versions are available but cannot be mixed with fertilizer supplements.

5.) The EZ FLO can be mounted in the garage. Stabilize the tank so it does not roll over.

Don't try to make the unit work miracles. Placing highly toxic chemicals into the system places you at risk. If anyone came into contact with the chemicals fell ill you would be liable.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was wondering where you found the best price for Turfpro online.
Thanks!

Fertigation Guru

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:32am

As far as I know, right now sprinkler warehouse is the best source. If you compare their prices with other online distributors you we see that they are consistantly lower. If you do a internet search be sure to look for Turf Pro USA. A company is producing a TurfPro but it is not the same.

Rate this thread