You are not logged in.

alibroth

Sunday, June 4th 2006, 5:53am

Leaking Value or solenoid?

After reading many of the posts I've determined my leak is being caused by a bad solenoid and/or valve. I have a 10yo hunter system that has worked fine in all respects until this weeping head appeared last month. I have tightened the solenoid down this morning, but not too tight, and will wait to see if that makes a difference. If it is the valve, does anyone have any simple steps to follow in changing a valve out? I have changed out heads and done some simple pvc work but have not tackled this yet. Advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Andre'
Tallahassee

alibroth

Sunday, June 4th 2006, 8:12am

Update: Took everything apart and cleaned. Everything seems to be in good shape. While I'm waiting for the pipes to clear out and the sidewalk to dry (where the leak was) I'm gonna head to Home Depot to see if they sell valve kits even though mine seems fine. I'll give another update later in the afternoon. Compared my valve to the ones in the online store and cannot find a match. Probably due to age and models being updated over time.

alibroth

Tuesday, June 6th 2006, 2:37am

Update: The cleaning of the valve made no difference. Still leaked. I then changed the solenoid. Again, still have the leak. I would sure prefer to fix this rather than cut out the old valve and install another.

Any suggestions or ideas ??

alibroth

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 1:45am

Hey thanks for the help everyone ;). I got it fixed by replacing the internals of the valve. I guess I stumped everyone on this one.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 8th 2006, 2:38am

NO..

We enjoyed watching you figure it out yourself...and since you were on the right track right up to the end when you found the solution....it was much more rewarding for you right?

You're welcome.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread